Friday, July 17, 2009

Insperation, 7/17/09

Lately my crafting ideas have stemmed from feathers. Their range of colors and textures make them a dream to work with. Combine this with classic vintage styling and you've got one of my fascinations that has been going on for months.

It all started when I got some packets of fly-fishing feathers. They were beautiful, some long and white, others short with black and orange stripes. Ater seeing some headbands online with feathers attached to them, I decided that hair accessories was the way to go. From there I figured out a technique for sewing them onto perforated metal discs. Add some faux pearl beads and voila, a cute feather peadant to attach to a bobby pin.




Here's one of the first feather hairpins I made. I love wearing it because the style is very vintage inspired and the color stands out.



Aside from the way they look, I love actually putting together these pieces. Getting out my needle and thread, finding the perfect colors and shapes, arranging them in just the right order. The work that goes into each detail makes my heart sing.


In the upcoming weeks you can expect to see hair accessories made with feathers added to the Blonde Chicks shop on etsy. They will be made in a variety of colors and each piece will be unique.








Have a happy Friday,

Claire.

No comments:

Post a Comment