Friday, July 24, 2009

Shop update.

Hey people, here are some of the things we've been
working on most recently:

First off, we've got these Blue Lagoon Earrings, made from viinage glass beads and new crystal beads. Making these was a treat, they're so simple and sweet, but they give off a jewel like shine.

Here's a shot of the hand knit Mermaid Cap, made from wool and cotton yarns. The texture of this hat is really rich and bumpy. I wish I had more of the same yarn to make a scarf out of.
















Then we have the Green Envy Earrings, made entirely from vintage glass beads and rhinestones. Attaining the symmetry on these was a bit tricky, but well worth it. I'd had the rhinestone pieces for a long time and I was excited to find to find the perfect place to use them.


The Summer Wind Earrings, made from vintage faux pearl beads and newly made glass beads. Getting two matching pearl beads out of the many, many beads that I have..That was tricky, but it was downhill from there.

Also, these are named for the song "TheSummer Wind." Newton , Sinatra and Buble have all sung it. The colors made me think of beach glass and sand, which them made me think of that song. Funny how the mind works.

Below is a picture of the Tea Time Earrings, again, made from vintage glass beads. I like that I was able to use light and dark greens with these earrings, I think it gives them a bit more life.

All earrings are attached to nickle free earring pieces.

These pieces can be found in The Blonde Chicks shop on Etsy, of course.

If you'd like to see us make earrings in another color or style, please tell us, we're always looking for what will make our customers happy.

Have a fantastic weekend!

-The Blonde Chicks

No comments:

Post a Comment