Monday, August 10, 2009

A New Favorite

I love shoes, love them. They are often my favorite part of any outfit I'm wearing. Throughout this past school year, one of my favorite pairs of shoes were simple white canvas tennis shoes. But the thing about white shoes is that they don't stay white. So, after washing them with soap and water a few times and seeing them promptly become dirty again, I decided to take a stand:

Last month I gathered up two of my brothers, handed each of them a shoe, some acrylic paint and sent them out into the yard to make my shoes pretty again.

I've always loved the way paint looks when it's still in wet blobs. The colors are just so happy.

Here's what I got back form the boys! Two beautiful, unique shoes. I love wearing them.



You can easily find plain white canvas shoes for painting almost anywhere shoes are sold.
Have a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment